Thursday, February 9, 2012

Twenty Two

Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, Allahuakbar. I am 22 and still breathing fresh air, alive and kicking. I went from 21 to 22 feeling almost bad; I don't know what I was doing half the time and now I'm suddenly 22 and my mum's suddenly talking about marriage! At 22 she had two children you know. Anyway, the number TWENTY-TWO is large for me and thankfully reminds me a lot of unfilled promises, and huge huge responsibilities.

This one-month semester holiday has been a great time for reflections. Seeing other people's conditions - I went to see many sick, old and really poor people with my mum and her friends - it's always eye opening and heartening. If they are tested with illnesses and financially struggling, Allah's test for me are health and wealth.  Why are they tests? Well, Allah tests each people differently. In the hereafter, I will be asked what have I done for the ummah, for Islam with my youth, health, wealth and free time. With great things in life and comes great responsibilities. While some people are still thinking of how to gain money for something to eat and sustain basic needs in life, I am free from those constraints, that means I should go out for da'wah and fight for Islam.

No comments: